Update Your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 or I9082L to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware
Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos currently run Android 4.2.2 and not known if destined to get Android 4.4 KitKat. Fortunately, anxious owners can upgrade the software to Android 4.4.2 instead by simply flashing the firmware manually to the smartphone.
ProBAM Android 4.4.2 KitKat
It is based on the combination of CyanogenMod, Paranoid Android and AOKP version of 4.4.2 KitKat with additional features on top of everything else for the Galaxy Grand Duos.
1. Virtual Surround Sound
2. Flashable Xperia Z1 media apps
3. X-Reality engine
5. HALO mods
6. Custom dimensions for navigation bar
7. Screen video recording
8. Samsung kernel super charged
9. Privacy guard
10. Gesture lock screen
1. Flashable to an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 or I9082L.
2. Make sure that it is running Android 4.2.2 based firmware before installing Android 4.4.
3. Manually backup of all personal settings and data files stored on the smartphone.
4. Battery level must be at least 50 per cent.
5. Enabled USB debugging mode from the Developer Options on Galaxy Grand Duos.
6. Download the necessary USB drivers for your handset on the computer.
7. Root the Galaxy Grand Duos and install a custom recovery such asClockworkMod recovery.
Warning: ProBAM Android 4.4.2 is a custom ROM which may damage your device from manual installation. We are not responsible for any damages or errors that may occur. Read and follow the instructions carefully to prevent damaging your Galaxy Grand Duos. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy Galaxy Duos to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Transfer the ProBAM Android 4.4.2 firmware and Google Apps package to the microSD card of your smartphone. Don’t extract any of the zip files.
3. Disconnect your Galaxy Grand Duos from the computer then switch it off.
4. Reboot into recovery mode by pressing and holding power + menu + volume up keys at the same time till the Samsung logo appears.
5. Inside the recovery mode, create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM. Select “backup and restore > backup.” You can restore the saved ROM anytime you wanted.
6. Perform a full wipe on the Galaxy Grand Duos by selecting “wipe data/factory reset” and “wipe cache partition” then go to “advanced > wipe Dalvik cache.”
7. Install the ProBAM Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Select “install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > look for the firmware you’ve pasted earlier > confirm installation.” Apply the same with Google Apps package.
8. Once the installation has been completed, go back to the main menu then select “reboot system now.”
Wait for at least five minutes for the smartphone to reach the home screen as it runs the ROM for the first time.
For any issues or bugs, please send your feedback to official XDA developers forum main page.