How to Root Samsung Galaxy Mega GT-I9200 and GT-I9205
A few months ago Samsung unveiled it’s mid range devices – the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 and Galaxy Mega 6.3 Both of the devices were well received by the users and sported good features.
you might have a Galaxy Mega 6.3 and looking to play with your device beyond the boundaries. This includes flashing mods, custom roms or installing the applications which require root, in order to do so you need root access on your device, following this need we will see today how we can gain root access on Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 / I9205 running on Android 4.2.2.
Please keep in mind that as soon as you root your device, you will void the warranty of your device, so everything you do, do it at your own risk.
Things you need to download:
- Download Odin PC and install it. – Get it Here
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers – Get Here
- Download vcoreroot-v2.tar from HERE
How TO Root
- Put your phone in download mode. In order to do so turn it off by pressing power key for a few seconds or by pulling out the battery, wait for 30 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key, as soon as it shows you the warning press Volume Up to continue. You are in the download mode now.
- Open Odin, you installed in the step 1 above.
- Connect your Galaxy Mega 6.3 to your PC using the original data cable. The ID:COM box should now turn blue, and Odin shows “Added” in the log box below.
- Hit the PDA tab and select the downloaded vcoreroot-v2, it should be a .tar file.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin screen are exactly as shown below.
- Alright! hit start and let the process begin, as soon as your device restarts, you have the root access on your device. You can verify it by looking up for SuperSu app in your app drawer or either install Root Checker app from the play store and get it verified.